Congress has revealed its holistic plan to assist K-12 schools along with secondary and higher education institutions across the United States to help them reopen safely.
The bill, while covering every base imaginable, also specifically cites the purchase of PPE and implementation of social distancing protocols as being covered by the grant.
This includes reimbursements and payments for personal protective equipment, ie PPE such as gloves, masks, EPA approved disinfectants, goggles – anything the school would need to ensure safety of students and faculty alike.
The bill comes at a crucial time as the country prepares to distribute the COVID19 vaccine, while also being prepared for any future pandemic.
A closer look at the fine print of the bill reveals that the bill covers not only public schools, but non-public and private schools as well. Higher education is also included in the bill.
The dollars are available for schools to:
- supplies to sanitize, disinfect, and clean school facilities;
- personal protective equipment;
- improving ventilation systems, including windows or portable air purification systems
- to ensure healthy air in the non-public school;
- training and professional development
- for staff on sanitation, the use of personal protective equipment, and minimizing the spread of
- infectious diseases;
- physical barriers to facilitate social distancing;
- other materials, supplies, or equipment to implement public health protocols, including guidelines and recommendations from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention for the
- reopening and operation of school facilities to effectively maintain the health and safety of
- students, educators, and other staff during the qualifying emergency.
Please contact email@example.com to learn about our special kits for educational institutions.